Can we get a drumroll please?!
AMAZON FRESH! Literally anyone who follows me on snapchat (@LiahAmani) knows how utterly obsessed I am with Amazon Fresh grocery delivery! Allow me to provide a quick list of grocery delivery benefits:
- No going to the grocery store
- No waiting in the grocery store lines
- No getting hit by old ladies and their shopping carts
- No children putting extra items in your cart because they think it’s funny
- No having to go to the grocery store with children…
Obviously, the reasons to order groceries online are endless, but I won’t bore you. Aside from convenience, let me tell you why Amazon Fresh in particular is the best grocery delivery service out there:
- The food is actually fresh
- The fresh food does not spoil like, immediately (cough cough other guys)
- Insanely fast shipping…literally the next day, sometimes same day
- You can include non-grocery items that you would typically find at the grocery store
- Extremely affordable prices
Let’s get to the logistics! I order Amazon Fresh every week and I purchase enough food to sustain myself and my late night Netflix munchies; my total comes to about $45. I don’t know about you, but never in my life have I been able to go to the grocery store and buy a week’s worth of food for $45. Granted, I drink smoothies and eat salads most of the time, but that is still so impressive! While we’re on the topic of money, Amazon Fresh delivery is $9.99 per order, but if you have a Prime membership and sign up for the $15 per month Fresh membership, grocery deliveries are free over $40. Let me say that again, grocery deliveries are free over $40. Too good to be true, right?
In the name of fairness, Amazon Fresh does have it’s faults:
- Selection is not as expansive as the grocery store
- You can’t feel/smell/touch the produce before you purchase
As you can see, the pros outweigh the cons 5:1 and in the event that Amazon Fresh does not have the brand or product I am looking for, I will usually run to the grocery store to pick up the item. For some, this may be a deal breaker, but I prefer occasionally running into the grocery store for 1 or 2 items, opposed to being forced to go every week.
Overall, Amazon Fresh is affordable, reliable, and efficient. Save yourself some time any money and try it out! Sometimes what you’re most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.